Sunday, April 24, 2011

Marley a Dog like No Other

Marley a Dog like No Other by John Grogan
Luciana Paz
HarperCollins Publishers
Memoir
Where I got it from:Marley a Dog like No Other by John Grogan was recommended by my friend, who thought the novel was very touching. I got it from my English teacher Mrs. Meadows.

One sentence summery: John and Jenny a young couple are ready to take there next step of their marriage, it was time for a dog; Maley a dog like no other changes the Grogan family hearts an leads there way until the end with love, loyalty and extreme hyperactive personally.

First chapter: “When I was ten years old, my father caved in my pleas and took me to get my own dog.”
The first chapter “And Puppy Makes Three” is about how John and Jenny are ready to have a third family member. To be exact a dog. They go off to find the perfect dog they look at a littler of Labrador retrievers, the males where $400 females and the males $375. They found that the dog that they wanted was a clearance dog, he passed all the scare tests and he was adorable so they took him right away. What they both didn’t know was that the dog they were adopting was one that was going to change their lives and who came to be as Marley a dog like no other.

Verdict: The memoir was never heart-warming it, almost brought me in to tears. The author writes in humors ways making the book enjoyable. This story shows you values of life and what really matter by a Marley, the yellow fur ball with a pure heart, who quickly grows and never lets go of his over exciting personality. This book would be defiantly but in the “you have to read book even though they might be childlike” pale.

Cover comments: The cover of Marley and me really makes you want to read it. It has the cutest puppy (Marley) in the front part with a red background focusing it on the dog. The saying don’t judge a book by its cover is sometimes wrong because the cover is very important for a reader to pick it up. The cover has a small innocent dog that it fouls you to thinking it’s another “cute puppy old story”, but at the end you see how the puppy becomes the opposite of the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment