Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Like a Fish Out of the Water

“Breath, in and out!” my mother said right before everything went foggy.

The car door went shut and the engine began running. Before I new it, I realized I was headed to the emergency room…I was suffocating, I felt like a fish out of the water. I took short and forced breaths that tighten my chest (not that the effort really helped) my lounge’s airways were closing…I didn’t know what to do or think I thought I was going to pass out; I was in the hands of my parents and doctor Philips .

From that day on, I knew I was another of those people with asthma. I think suffering from it is very life changing (the fact that you can’t have pets and to make it worse finding that you are allergic to almost everything there is in existence! So that’s a definite no-no.) Anyways, I learned that asthma was not going to change my athletic life… (Thank god.) The doctor Philips told me that many famous athletes have asthma and that I should not worry because I’m not the only one out there that has it.

Now that almost 7 years have passed I have overcome my condition and I realized nothing can stop you from doing anything… Doctor Philips and my parents were always by my side. What moved me was how a doctor like Doctor Philips always thought about the patient first and the business and the money later. When I grow up I want to do the same and help children that suffer from asthma and allergies because I know how much you have to go throw with this health condition. Not only I want to treat them but I want them to feel supported, just the way my doctor did for me.

1 comment:

  1. EEEP!
    O.O
    I luvvv it !!! I like how you used the parenthasis. I understood how you were feeling. Im glad you chose to choose the positive side :)
    And I totally agree, having asthma wont change your life.
    WONDERFUL :D

    ReplyDelete