Monday, September 20, 2010

Memoir Monday: Expect the Unexpected

Friends come and go it’s a well know saying but is it entirely true? You might leave them or they might leave you. You share your times, but one day you might have to go. You’ll find new friends that will care for you as much; don’t forget the others but if you do expected something unexpected. Something that might fill you heart with joy or might bring you to tears.
+ It was a Saturday but not an ordinary one, I was turning fourteen. It was my third birthday celebrating in Panama. This birthday I was surrounded by many friends that care for me, friends that would give you a smile when your down, friends that would make you laugh and wouldn’t be embarrassed to tell their deepest secrets. In the middle of the music, the laughs, the screams, the dancing I picked up the ringing phone it was Anya and Kyle, my best friend from Atlanta. I had never thought that they would remember my birthday. They sang and congratulated me, we talked like if we had seen each other yesterday they told me how much they missed me and asked me when I was going back visit. I couldn’t answer that question because I knew I might not go back. I thanked them for calling and remembering. I said my goodbye but I recognized that goodbye wasn’t forever but it was until next time.
+I was really surprised with that unexpected call I guess I had forgotten about that friendship we still have. I realized that friends do come and go but you can keep them in your heart and you never know, you might just get the unexpected.

1 comment:

  1. the blog wont let me paragraph but you'll know when a new paragraph start with the + sign.

    ReplyDelete