Monday, September 27, 2010

What’s that Saying Again? You can Achieve if You can Believe?


I remember my first meet it evokes so many memories…I was clad in a black speedo swim suit, light blue goggles pressing around my eyes , green dynamo logo on my right side and a yellow cap just like every other competitor. The tension pervaded through the swimmers as well as the coaches and parents. The shouts, made by the crowds reverberated across the dome, giving me a haunting feeling of fright. Many irascible parents rebuffed there children’s entreaties to not competing and giving them a long tirade about how winning was there life and future. (I guess they had those grimaces on their faces because it was early in a Saturday morning). Since it was cold outside, I had to keep myself warm, with energy inside, and so I wouldn’t get dehydrate drink a lot of water.

The races had begun I was tremulous of getting on the diving step, getting timed and getting launched by an abhorrent “beep!” I had a profound feeling that something was amiss, spontaneously I heard an anonymous person call my name. Right before they could call again, I noticed that I was supposed to be on one of those diving step to swim 100 meters of butterfly. My heart had made a million slips at that moment; with cursory attention to the things in my way, I ran as fast as I could to my spot. I was thinking that I could never come out in first place I thought those stress kids would bet me by a lot.

Right when I got on the diving step I mind went blank and completely turned my thoughts inside out. I had only four things on my mind: 100 meters fly, power, speed, and number one. My strokes were just like a butterfly escaping in to their world and being free. I was on my final stroke when I reached to the wall and heard a loud “beep!” My name was first up the list I was ecstatic, thrilled of my accomplishment. I realized that if I set my mind on something and repeat it over and over I will have amazing results that I never thought I could be able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment