Thursday, September 23, 2010

Slice of Life: FRIDAY...or not


Today was a normal day except the part I thought it was Friday. I had planned everything for the weekend: going to the movies with friends, shopping, staying up late, sleeping till noon, eating with family at a restaurant but no, I was reminded by my friend that it was only Thursday…sadly. There’s nothing wrong with Thursdays but it’s so frustrating that you still have an entire day left until you can say, thank god it’s Friday!
I guess since its Thursday I have to write about something interesting or something that isn’t. I have an idea that’s pondering inside my mind but I’m not sure about it. (I really wanted to write about me thinking it was Friday but at the same I wanted to write about getting a really special birthday present from a very special family.)
When my and family and I lived in Atlanta there was this family name the Yoons. My parents had met them apparently because both the dad and mom worked in the same place as my dad. At the time I was still in my mommy’s tummy so I can’t really remember when I meet them. They have always been very helpful and supportive to my family as well as loving. Our friendship between their families grew and grew and still does. They really love my sister and me but of course I am their favorite (I’m not joking). They always send us many pretty things that no one really would think of or give as present. Since it was my birthday last Saturday they sent me this beautiful bag that I always dreamed of having (I just got it today through mail).I was so surprised and all I wanted to do was call them and thank them. Like in all the presents they send us they put a really small but unique card that has concise amount writing but also contains a profound meaning.
I completed my duty with writing a 3 paragraph and one sentence long Slice of Life…now hopefully someone can comment on this fantastic, marvelous, unbelievable work of art (sarcasm)!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, and that someone would be ME :)
    I thought today was friday too!!!Since we had the test today, even though I knew it was thursday, it felt like Friday.
    I like how you took your time writing this and how you put in your feelings too!!!
    I LUV ITTT :D

    ReplyDelete