Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Friendly Letter

Luciana Paz
1234 Oak Grove
Atlanta,Georgia



September 8, 2010

Dear Grandpa,

How have you been? I’m writing because last night, while I was lying on bed thinking about everything and I remembered that it has been three months since we’ve seen each other.

I wanted to recur the good times we had together. The times when you always wanted me to read your big anthology of poems and stories. The times when you would come spontaneously in the room making a meow sound and I would automatically know it was you. The times when you would get the bottle cap of the soda and a napkin and pretended you didn’t have an eye and you had a long white mustache. I remember how you would gingerly explain your book about the genealogy of our family and that you want to pass it down from generation to generation. I remember your calm and fun disposition that made me feel safe and protected.

I also remembered what those horrible people did to you, that night we were supposed to go out to eat dinner. The next morning I found you so depressed and in excruciating pain that it just brought me into tears. From then on I was instilled to how much you have to be grateful and vigilant with everything that is around you. The most important thing is that you are alright and that you have me by your side as well as your entire family. I love you and miss you very much!

Love,
Luciana

1 comment: